Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Little Update!

Just a general update on The Green Gang:

We were able to take Benjamin and Alexander with us from the hospital when we were discharged Sunday night (7/11/10), which was a fantastic blessing for us all. I never imagined that we would be able to take home babies that were born at week 35.

We got home that night and Ethan was still awake to greet us. He was very excited to see us and I was very excited to see him. I missed him like crazy!! He waved at his new brothers and smiled and shrieked, running throughout the house in excitement.

We had the bassinet pack-n-play in the front room, so I took the babies and put them in there. Ethan was all excited to see them as he peered over the side. He was waving and got very excited and happy when Benjamin raised his arm as if to wave back!

That first night was crazy hectic. There was very little sleep the first night. Alexander seemed to think that nighttime was the right time to be awake. I guess I was under the mistaken impression that preemies slept a lot. HA!

On Monday, Ethan was rubbing Benjamin's head while we were feeding the babies. It was very cute. He also touched Alexander and just seemed very excited about the prospect of having two younger brothers (if he really even understands that is who they are!).

I starting feeling bad Sunday night after getting home and that continued into Monday. I was having some big time swelling in the lower extremities and having shortness of breath and a tightening feeling in my chest. I went to the ER after calling my OB.

I am in the cardiology wing of the hospital and had tests done. While there is no official word from my doctors yet, at the last visit they felt that I was experiencing a back up of fluid from the pregnancy. They told me my heart looked fine and there are no blood clots (which were two of the things they were concerned about). I am experiencing high blood pressure and my pulse goes from the 80s to the 40s, so I am waiting to hear about what to do with those issues. I am hoping to get back home either to day or tomorrow.

In the meantime, Rob is Super Daddy, even taking Benjamin and Alexander to their first pediatrician visit. My Mom and Mother-in-Law have really become quite invaluable to the functioning of the Green household, and I am beyond grateful to them both.

I cannot believe how blessed and fortunate I am to have such a fantastic family. I have my three beautiful boys who are the lights of my life. I have an amazing husband who loves his sons and does his best to support us all in many different ways. My family is always there if you need them and I love them very much. I am also blessed with friends (old and new) who continue to brighten my life in ways almost unimaginable.

Thank you everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get to be home with your babies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everything for the most part is going well. I think it is great that Benjamin and Alexander are healthy. Now you have to get there too. It is easier for adults to get better then a little baby just born. Hang in there and everything will be fine before you know it. I cannot wait to meet them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to have your little guys all at home! But I want to hear that you are OK and are home recovering, too. Looking forward to an update.

    ReplyDelete