Monday, January 26, 2009

My little man is growing up!

Tomorrow is Ethan's 4-week mark of being in this world. I can't believe it has gone by so quickly already.

I told my Mom the other day that my little baby was growing up by saying, "He has a neck!" Lol~ When babies are so small and newborn, every body part seems to mold into one. He will fall asleep in my arms and his head will be stretched out on my shoulder and then you get a really good view of his neck and facial/head profile and it is easier to picture him as a young child than as a tiny little baby and that makes me sad to realize this already!

He made the transition from Newborn diapers to size 1 about a week ago. He is also outgrowing some of his newborn outfits.

I still find myself gazing at him in astonishment that this little man was inside my tummy. I felt that way when he first came out and I had a difficult time visualizing how cramped he must have been.

Rob and I had some more issues with Ethan's crying so we went to the pediatrician on Saturday morning. Ethan weighed in at 10# 1 oz.

The doctor feels that Ethan's digestive system is having too rough a time breaking down the milk proteins, so he put him on another new formula (Similac's Alimentum) and also gave him a prescription for Prilosec to help with Acid Reflux issues.

I am so grateful that Ethan howled the entire visit because this way the doctor was able to hear just what was going on... and that wasn't even Ethan's worst crying, but the doctor did say, "This is not normal crying." Lol~ I knew that, but it was nice to have a professional come to the same realization and that made me feel better.

This weekend was really nice. The formula stinks to high heaven and it is more expensive, but it really seems to be working. Ethan still cries and fusses, but now it is more in terms of "normal" in my opinion.

I am torn about him growing up and I am sure that I am not the first Mommy to feel this way. On the one hand, I can't wait to see the child and later, the man, he will become yet on the other hand... I want my baby to STAY my baby forever!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have the same internal battle about watching my kids grow up. It is AWSOME seeing their new accomplishments and watching them grow, but I look back at baby photos and get a little teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way too about my kids. I can't believe that I already have a teenager. How did that happen?!?

    Just savor each moment and take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! It is nice to see him and you both looking happy.

    ReplyDelete