Tuesday, June 15, 2010

32 weeks and counting...

I am officially at the 32 week mark for this twin pregnancy.

It really seems to have flown by all too quickly.

My OB said that if I go into labor before 34 weeks, they will do everything they can to stop it, but after 34 weeks, they will proceed with delivery.

It feels surreal to me to think that in as little as 2 weeks or as much as 7 weeks (for my scheduled 39 week c-section), I will have Benjamin and Alexander.

I have known I was carrying twins since before Christmas, but I find I am still in disbelief over that fact. I would like to think that by now I would have come to grips with it, but I find I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around this.

Of course, the thought of preterm labor really frightens me. Every little twinge of pain or anything that seems odd has me running through my mental list of preterm labor symptoms. I then clear my mind and sort of hold my breath as if I am going to get some official, "IT'S TIME!!!!" message from my body. Lol~

The pain and discomfort is getting even worse than I thought it could. I am fairly certain it will continue to get worse from here on out. I have such a hard time walking even! I am certain it is a comical sight to see me attempting to get up out of bed or from a seated position. And the times that I actually do get down on the floor to play with Ethan? I am grateful that I have been able to still get up each and every time.

The one thing I forgot about from my first (singleton) pregnancy? Not realizing how far my belly sticks out. My OB told me I am measuring past the 40 week mark and not looking back! Lol...

Despite the fact that this has been going on for several weeks now, I still am momentarily perplexed when I open doors and they hit my stomach; I thought for certain that I left enough room for clearance~!

The kicker was what happened last night... I put my full cup of ice water on the foot board of my bed, which makes that at belly height... and I turned to reach for the phone and knocked water down everywhere. hahaha....

1 comment:

  1. Just think some day you will look back on your belly mishaps and giggle. I hope that you make it to 39 weeks, but I'm sorry you have to be so uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete