Monday, December 15, 2008

Newest Ultrasound and Baby Update!


Brr! What a chilly morning!

I had an ultrasound this morning at the hospital. The picture above is the latest one of Ethan, and this will be the last "internal" image of him. The next time everyone sees him will be in person.

At 36w6d, Dr. Garcia said that Ethan is weighing in at approximately 7# 10oz. That is larger than I anticipated. I was prepared for around 7#, but those extra ounces really seemed to leave me surprised. I shouldn't really be surprised, however, as the pins-and-needle pain in my right hip has been getting worse for the past week and that is the side that he prefers to be on.

Ethan is also still in his favorite position: Breech. Dr. Garcia said that the possibility that Ethan would move into the head down position at this point is extremely thin and unlikely. He said that he is going to recommend an induction/c-section for week 39.

That means that I can have Ethan in my arms in about two weeks, which is both exciting and unsettling. It isn't like I didn't foresee that I would one day have a baby in my arms, but it just feels like I should have had more time; I guess I don't consider nine whole months to be enough time. HA!

I feel so unprepared and I know my mind is getting panicky, as I am completely forgetting everything I learned in my baby and lamaze classes and I can't recall anything that I have read on baby care and all. At least with a c-section I won't have to wrack my brain trying to recall the proper breathing patterns!

Ethan is also still a very active baby. It was hard for Dr. Garcia to get this latest picture. I am sitting here now and typing and Ethan is rolling around kicking and everything. I think that he is excited about making his debut and can't wait to meet everyone. Either that, or he is trying to claw and kick his own way out of my uterus.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! He will be here before you know it. Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! He is on his way. We can make a song for him, Ethan is Coming to Town.

    ReplyDelete